Adolfo Nigro was born in Rosario, Argentina in 1942. He studied Fine Art at the Manuel Belgrano School and at the Escuela Nacional Prilidiano Pueyrredon, in Buenos Aires. Between 1958 and 1962 he studied painting with Diana Chalukian and Victor Magariños. In 1966, he moved to Montevideo, Uruguay, to work at Torres Garcia’s workshop. There, he met fellow artists at the workshop, such as Jose Gurovich, who later became his teacher.
His first solo exhibition was held at Galeria U, the prestigious art space in Montevideo. He eventually moved back to Argentina, where he spent the rest of his life.
He was widely recognized throughout his career, and held memorable exhibitions at the Museo Torres Garcia (1995), had his own retrospective at the Museo Municipal de Bellas Artes Juan B. Castagnino (2003), and at the Centro Cultural Recoleta (2004).
- MEDIA: Limited Edition Silkscreen
- EDITION SIZE: 199
- ARTIST'S PROOFS: XI
- COLORS: 50
- IMAGE SIZE: 25 1/2 x 35 7/8 in
- PAPER SIZE: 30 x 41 3/4 in
- PAPER: BFK Rives
- YEAR: 2012
- (*) Frame not included.